[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
crippledsystem.com • View topic - Madison - 500 Mixed Tournament -tooth And Claw/mangled metal
It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Madison - 500 Mixed Tournament -tooth And Claw/mangled metal
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:28 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I was not totally aware that is was just warjacks, but I can still totally make it happen, no problem.

= )

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:46 am 
Site Admin

Tomorrow is the big day. I hope many of you are able to show up. It is looking like a good turnout. 22+ people. 5 rounds of mangled metal/tooth and claw fun.

Terrain Blog - http://carnage4u.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:14 am 
 WWW  Profile

If I remember to bring my camera I'll take pictures and post them here after the event.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:50 am 

I don't have enough 'jacks to participate in this event, but I might stop down and check out the carnage.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:45 pm 
 YIM  Profile

If you are short models just post here and people can chime in to see if they have some you can borrow. Also the ORGIZIER usally has more then one army so that might be able to lend you some jacks if that play the same army you do.

There might be time still, so try. When we did the 1000pt tourney we had people all over borrowing 2nd units of stuff like an extra unit of champions to have 3 units :shock: that wasnt me right, yea it was. But two units of widow makers and stuff you normally would not buy if you dont play 1000pt games that offten.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:50 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:34 am 
 WWW  Profile

See y'all later today!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:44 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I had an Jawesome time with you guys today! I can't wait until.. Well, whenever we do this again.

I'll see some of you next week Wednesday at Misty!

Oh and I'll have those pictures up at some point tomorrow, hopefully.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

It was a great event 20 people showed up. only 3 that signed up werent able to make it, and dmun did post ahead of time. We had 1 person show up that didnt sign up, so we had an even number.
Always good

Fun times.

Results (note I made 1 mistake at the event Cryx coin went down to strength of schedule, and when I recalucated at him, which I always do, I realized that a different person had won. I have an extra Cryx coin from a previous event, that I will be giving the winner when I see him later this week. ) That was my fault, and I apologize for it.

Best Painted - Josh with a very well done Skorne army . 2nd place went to Wild Bill with some nicely painted Mercs. We had 4 other armies that were all painted and done well, but both Josh and Bill paint job were awesome. (fool was also fully painted, but I am having a limit of not being able to win a painting prize within a few months with the same army)

Beast/warjack Slayer - Fool had 40 Victory points over 5 rounds to win this award. Two other players did manage to get 35 points, but fool was able to stay ahead of the pact for this award

Best of Warmachine

Winner overall for warmachine and Cygnar Champ - Hondaluth (Sam)
Best of Cryx - Gargathor (Jason) this is the correction. He tied with Brian W but Jason actualy won strenght of schedule
Best of PoM - Steven M
Best of Khador - Dan B
Best of Mercs -Jokerohki ( Kevin)

Best of Hordes

-- Due to a insane finish, the winner is between The best of Trolls and Best of Legion. Its between two roomates and it will be announced soon.

Best of Troll - absent (Jim)
Best of Legion - Nick
Best of Circle - Fool (Gary)
Best of Skorne - Josh

It was nice to see every faction being played and only 2 coins were "default" coins, and we had some new people show up. I believe at least 4 to 5 people had their first tournament experience today. Everyone had a lot of fun, and I hope to see more people be able to make the May 17th event.

I know many people think tournaments are so competitive that they take away the fun, but if you ask anyone that played today, I would believe they would make a strong argument that is not true, it didnt matter if someone went 1 and 4, and 3 and 2, EVERYONE was having a great time.

Terrain Blog - http://carnage4u.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:28 pm 

I swear that I will (one day) make it some of these tournaments I sign up for. Turns out my wife (who also didn't show) had a concert with a choir she sings in. Hmm.. Who knew? (certainly not me...)

I guess, now we start practicing for May 17th..... *sigh* I wished I lived somewhere where I could league play.