It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Paying the blood price
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:45 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I have been working on assembling my new Cryx stuff and getting excited about playing some of that. Now, I have put together a lot of models in my time as a minis gamer. Fact is that the only person that I know that probably has more models then I do is Andy. Yet, with none of the stuff I have ever worked on have I had so many dings, cuts, wounds, and scratches as I have with putting these guys together. I just realized this tonight as I started working on the basing for my Deny alt model and started bleeding from a little cut in my thumb. This is the third time in two days I have drawn blood for these guys. Yesterday I stepped on a stick trying to find a stone outside to put on the base for a Deathripper. Then, later, my pin vise slipped off the model and I put the drill bit into the end of my thumb. Tonight I somehow managed to ding myself.

Anyone else had this kind of blood sacrifice for a new army/faction before or is it just me? I think Cryx is demanding a taste before he will let me play them.

Post subject: Re: Paying the blood price
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:31 pm 

Too true. the Deathjack and Terminus were the true villains. I think I lost a pint apiece to them.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:23 pm 

Over all the Cryx models are kind of taxing to work with. I like to pin almost every joint. With them and their being covered in spikes and sharp angles, it is kind of painful on the fingers to grip Cryx models for drilling. Combine the nice amount of detail with PiP’s tendency towards horrible mold lines and you have plenty of opportunity for razor blades to slip.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:43 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I can't say that I have ever ran into any problems like that...this only shows you one thing...STOP COLLECTING MORE MODLES THAN ME!!!...JK the hardest modles I think I have ever tried to assemble is the Deathjack and he is a bastard....there is also termonus...But one modle that I think beats them both would be karchiev the terrible..