It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Black Ivan
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:21 am 

I've wanted to build Black Ivan to make it look like more than a swap of a few pieces. Using an old destroyer, I cut and sawed it to make the 'jack look unique. I'm pretty happy with what I've got so far. After a few minor tweaks I'll be painting this guy.

Post subject: Re: Black Ivan
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:41 pm 

Finally got a few base coats on Ivan. I've procrastinated and painted all of the loose models that I had primed in my hobby area. As with all of my Khador, I am not using an actual black paint. I start with a dark grey and give it a few washes of Nuln Oil. I feel solid black is too static. The color lacks a certain richness. Maybe I'll throw a brown wash over the black washes to offset Ivan a little.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:38 am 
D.B. McGoose

Looking good. I like the gold.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:56 pm 

Thanks man, the gold is a series of sephia wash and drybrushing. I've got more work to do on every part of Ivan, but I'm happy with how the black turned out. I've thrown Irusk in there, the reason I went with Ivan in the first place. Superiority seemed pretty good with Ivan's 12Def and dodge. Plus, when I look at his weapon "bear claw"' I think of the pastry and it makes me giggle.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:18 pm 

Welp...it's done. I might not be finished with the metallics, but it's at the "good enough" stage. Work had slowed down considerably as I painted a good amount of Menoth for a friend. Now I'm onto my second berserker and the behemoth.

Still not finished with the assembly stage. I am a little disappointed that the behemoth isn't much bigger than the plastic chassis for the regular Khador 'jacks.