It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ben's Circle Blog
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:22 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I am going to provide a link to my Picasa online folder which should be viewable. I have a good chunk of my circle completed, and while the pictures aren't that good, they at least show the progress I have made. Let me know what you think from what you can see. I chose to use a goblin green (citadel paints) for the outside of the base instead of the traditional black. I did this for two reasons. First, visually, I like the way it makes the models look on the tabletop. Secondly, it unifies the force and enforces that natural scheme I want for my Circle force. With all of the green that is in circle, I used the gobbo green for the bases as well as it seems to flow well with the green tones of the force. I did try traditional black bases and I just didn't care for it when I did the first unit I did for this army, the druids.

http://picasaweb.google.com/magnorock/HordesCircle

Last edited by Kromac on Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: My Circle
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:27 pm 

Nice!!

If only I had that much of my circle painted.

CHECK IT OUT!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:08 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Build spreadsheet, track what you get done, use a percentage. I think it works. It really has motivated me. I am almost done with 5 of my bloodtrackers and another world warden. Then my next project will be Kromac, the other 5 trackers and another shifting stone with manakins.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:26 am 
 WWW  Profile

Completed my second warden -

I need to either get a better camera or learn better tricks to take pictures with the camera I have. Either way, it is a touch blurry, but has both the wardens, my watcher, and Baldur standing tall and in authority. I think the second Warden turned out pretty cool and I like how I finished the detailing on the base. It isn't the best freehand, but it looks nice and can be seen from a distance away. I think I may do this to my other models which should help my opponents point out which model they are targeting, even if they aren't familiar with what all of my models are.

Now if I could quit buying models faster then I can get them painted I might actually get this army done.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:56 am 
 WWW  Profile

No new pictures, not that my pictures are any good, but just finished 5 of the bloodtrackers and my swamp gobbers. That gets me to the big 50% mark!!! Now, if I can just get some more stuff finished before the wayfarer comes out I should be able to stay ahead of the 50% mark. Next on my table to paint is my second Worldwyrd, my 3rd set of shifting stones (just to get them done, quick and easy) and my second sentry stone (with manakins).

Edit. Added pictures now of the trackers and gobbers. There is a better shot of my gorax with the gobbers and I think the shot with the trackers has the clearest shot of my warpwolf.

Post subject: Re: Ben's Circle Blog
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:36 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Just finished my second Worldwyrd and sentry stone (manikans are still being worked up). Painting on this is about to slow down as I have just bough my Nintendo Wii and have to use my spare time to play with the new toy.

On the painting table is my final 3 shifting stones I own which I just want to get done and out of the way cause they are quick and easy. They are almost done as well. I also have a 4 man gatormen unit that just hit the table and the manikans that I mentioned earlier. Really curious on how to do the gators and probably going to have to do some Internet research to get the colors in a way that I like.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:21 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I have slowed down a bunch, but just finished my Kaya. This is probably the model I am most happy with the face work that I did ever. Still not perfect, but I am happy with it. This completes my work on Primal casters and now I think the next caster to get worked is going to be Kromac himself. I also picked up my 3rd World Warden today. Coming from my Warhammer Fantasy background, I am a little concerned about including this guy in 750 and 1k games without feeling like I am playing a little over the top. Still, with my win/lose record I am sure this doesn't scare too many people.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:11 pm 
Site Admin

its always a nice feeling finishing up another caster. Its one thing I think is suck that most at sadly, but still nice when they are done.

Terrain Blog - http://carnage4u.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:42 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Quote:
its always a nice feeling finishing up another caster. Its one thing I think is suck that most add sadly, but still nice when they are done.

I think I need a translator for Brian speak. Anyone have an English to Brian dictionary?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:52 am 
Site Admin

hmm
I said its a nice feeling finishing up a caster.

Thats not too complicated is it? I know its early and your slower then normal on the weekends.

Terrain Blog - http://carnage4u.blogspot.com/