It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Battlegroup box games
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:52 am 

I've been playing a lot of starter box games during lunch at work and for the life of me I haven't been able to beat Cygnar with Khador. Is that just a thing, or am I doing something wrong? The Charger with snipe and full focus completely out-ranges me, and earthquake through the arc node ruins my day. Two failed assassination runs tell me that even with no focus, Stryker's feat is enough to keep him alive.

Post subject: Re: Battlegroup box games
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:13 am 
Site Admin

scottypotty wrote:
I've been playing a lot of starter box games during lunch at work and for the life of me I haven't been able to beat Cygnar with Khador. Is that just a thing, or am I doing something wrong? The Charger with snipe and full focus completely out-ranges me, and earthquake through the arc node ruins my day. Two failed assassination runs tell me that even with no focus, Stryker's feat is enough to keep him alive.

Battle box games are meant to get a person to understand some core mechanics and have a bit of fun. i would not call them balanced at all. Some battle boxes are simply greater then others..

Terrain Blog - http://carnage4u.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:42 pm 

If you're up for it you could try out the alternate Khador battle box:
Butcher1
-Kodiak
-Decimator

Might give you more of a fighting chance. But yeah, I agree that the battle box games aren't particularly balanced, especially the Khador one as they rely heavily on their quality infantry to get the job done.

One tactic might be to try and knock out the arc node as quickly as possible, as once that's down Sorscha is fairly difficult to kill. Feat hurts this, but it might give you a fighting chance.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:09 am 

Turns out the Charger has a hard time winning a firefight against the Destroyer. I guess I just had to trust Khador armor and let him try to beat up on the warjacks. Yeah, it really doesn't seem balanced. I just refused to admit the power scale had such a drastic difference. Against Cygnar Khador just have to play reactive and protect Sorcha.