It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Admonition/Watcher/etc and charges
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:28 am 

If you charge a target and trigger an admonition or watcher movement, and the model uses that movement to leave your melee range, is it a failed charge?

I had always played it as you move your charger, you resolve all of the end of movement shenanigans (counter charge, admonition, watcher, defensive strike, etc..), THEN you check melee range to see if the charge was successful. But a PP forumite pointed me to Prime p47 where it only says that if the charging model ends its movement within melee range then it is successful.

I feel like I've read this somewhere, a faq or some other page, but for the life of me I can't recall.

-Rick

Post subject: Re: Admonition/Watcher/etc and charges
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:54 am 

ThatRickGuy wrote:
If you charge a target and trigger an admonition or watcher movement, and the model uses that movement to leave your melee range, is it a failed charge?

I had always played it as you move your charger, you resolve all of the end of movement shenanigans (counter charge, admonition, watcher, defensive strike, etc..), THEN you check melee range to see if the charge was successful. But a PP forumite pointed me to Prime p47 where it only says that if the charging model ends its movement within melee range then it is successful.

I feel like I've read this somewhere, a faq or some other page, but for the life of me I can't recall.

-Rick

You check successful / failed charge first thing when you stop moving (since you are obliged to continue moving until you get there or can't move more), which happens before Watcher or Admonition have a chance to check their triggering conditions. If you charge an admonitioned target, and then they admonition, you ended your movement with them in melee range (otherwise Admonition would not have had a chance to trigger), and the charge is successful. It's unlikely you get to attack, as they move before the attacks happen, and can oft escape, but you can finish out your activation as normal, though initial attack will be without a boost since it not a charge any more unless its at your charge target (i.e unable to flee, blocked in, etc).