It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Convergence - Iron mama tier 4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:57 pm 

Hey folks. New to the forum. Have a couple questions about Iron Mother Directrix's tier 4 list benefit for her axiom(s). 1st: Can the axiom spawn servitors in any combination (have 3 different servitors available to spawn, spawn 1 of each, rather than 3 of the same). 2nd: Can each axiom launch 3 or just 1 of them? It says "when a axiom", so I'm not sure if that means 1 axiom, or axioms in general.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Convergence - Iron mama tier 4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:26 am 

Additionally, I had an idea for a Tier 4 list for Iron Mother (with inspiration from a friend and some other lists I found online). It seems a bit janky, but I'd still love to hear some thoughts:

Iron Mother Directrix (+4WJ)
Prime Axiom (19)
Prime Axiom (19)
Mitigator (4)

Optifex Directive (2)
Elimination Servitors (2)
Accretion Servitors (1)
Accretion Servitors (1)

Obviously plays differently against Hordes than Warmachine, but the idea is to pull an enemy 'jack in (but not into melee). Then cast Backlash on it with Iron Mother (either directly or via her arc node shenanigans) and knock it to the ground with the mitigator. After that, you go to town with the Elimination servitors and murder their caster. If I have it all worked out correctly, you could have about 20 elimination servitors and 6 accretion servitors around to get the job done, and use the other axiom's tow cable to move the 'jack into an appropriate position to be shot/melee'd by 1 damage point attacks - a total of 28 sources I believe at RAT 5 or better against a (hopefully) knocked down target (Feat with Iron Mother + a focus to boost = RAT 8 + 3d6 with the mitigator).

Against hordes, I guess you could just drag and drop warbeasts with two axioms beating on them and finish them off with the servitors. What do you guys think?

Post subject: Re: Convergence - Iron mama tier 4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:17 pm 
D.B. McGoose

Nicodemus wrote:
Hey folks. New to the forum. Have a couple questions about Iron Mother Directrix's tier 4 list benefit for her axiom(s). 1st: Can the axiom spawn servitors in any combination (have 3 different servitors available to spawn, spawn 1 of each, rather than 3 of the same). 2nd: Can each axiom launch 3 or just 1 of them? It says "when a axiom", so I'm not sure if that means 1 axiom, or axioms in general.

Thanks!

Each one can spawn 3, in any combination they want.

Nicodemus wrote:
the idea is to pull an enemy 'jack in (but not into melee).

Barring clever use of obstacles and enemy models to block the drag, this is not possible. The "any distance" in drag means "as much as possible" not "as much as you want". You can't choose to stop dragging until it hits a model, hits an obstacle, or is B2B with your Axiom.