It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Introductions - Easy way to know who is who
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:02 pm 
D.B. McGoose

Benrislove wrote:
I can't usually make it to peg on WED (cause I"m trying to get 40k rolling at misty wed nights)

How about instead you get those people to start playing WM on tuesdays. Then there's more WM players, and you can play on wednesday. Win, win!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:49 pm 

rydiafan wrote:
Benrislove wrote:
I can't usually make it to peg on WED (cause I"m trying to get 40k rolling at misty wed nights)

How about instead you get those people to start playing WM on tuesdays. Then there's more WM players, and you can play on wednesday. Win, win!

You cannot combat logic of this caliber.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:00 pm 
D.B. McGoose

We cannot repel logic of that magnitude!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:14 pm 

rydiafan wrote:

We cannot repel logic of that magnitude!

one of these things helps sell an entire additional product line for me. just sayin'

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:00 pm 
D.B. McGoose

Benrislove wrote:
one of these things helps sell an entire additional product line for me. just sayin'

That depends. If all your 40k players stopped buying 40k, but purchased the exact same dollar value of Warmachine/Hordes, then it's a wash. In fact, if Warmachine/Hordes have a higher profit margin , then you come out on top.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:40 pm 

rydiafan wrote:
Benrislove wrote:

That depends. If all your 40k players stopped buying 40k, but purchased the exact same dollar value of Warmachine/Hordes, then it's a wash. In fact, if Warmachine/Hordes have a higher profit margin , then you come out on top.

sadly it is more likely that if people are playing WH40k and would be interested in WM, they would buy both assuming they could play both. which is ultimately, much, much better.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:41 pm 

I am not quoting that entire mess. People that play both spend 2X as much as if they only played one? My experience in the field says that is not frequently the case...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:56 pm 

elril wrote:
I am not quoting that entire mess. People that play both spend 2X as much as if they only played one? My experience in the field says that is not frequently the case...

not twice as much, but more. Because finishing two armies costs more than finishing one army. wargamers like to barter town / ebay "lots" of bulk stuff. playing multiple games makes them more likely to jump more often and in turn they buy more "finishing" pieces from us.

The guys (like me) who straight up buy armies and never trade them (occasionally sell, but almost never trade) are just going to spend what they have to spend and buy it. HOWEVER playing 40k and WM instead of buying 3 factions for WM I'm likely to spend more on 40k, because after the initial I'm more likley to get bored with 40k and want something new then I am to get bored with my 3 factions of WM.

part of that is because the games are bigger in 40k, so you can't own as many armies, but honestly in WM once you have 3 factions you are probably set for a LONG time.

Privateer's release schedule is way better though, since all the factions get stuff every month instead of one book getting something once a year. so the income is steadier from WM/H.

Basically. playing multiple miniatures games makes people closer to CCGers all their money goes between the mini's games, because something cool is always new in one of them :D

The army/faction ADD folks, they don't need multiple games, if they have money they'll just always want to play something new (to them) :-p