It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Campaign?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:48 pm 

Just thought I'd check if we're still planning on doing a bit of a campaign-style game. I know that the Journeyman leagues are just starting up for Warmahordes, so now might not be the best time to get that stuff rolling again, but I've still got an interest in giving this kinda stuff a shot.

Personally, I'd love to try and get in a 2 v 2 Brawl at some point; I hear they work fairly well with four players each bringing their own list, and it seems like an interesting idea.

I'll bring in some of my (half-finished) Mordheim buildings this week if anyone's up for a bit of gaming; they're slightly smaller scale, but are starting to look decent, and I need an incentive to get 'em painted/finished anyway, and they certainly crowd tables like nobody's business. Debating building a decent table to put 'em on.

Oh yeah, before I forget; thanks a ton for the great game last week, Brimm. I have never flipped so many cards before, and the stupidity of those puppets was insane. Your McMourning is getting damn scary.

Post subject: Re: Campaign?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:09 pm 

I'm in for whatever. Multiplayer games sound fun though and I would fpr sure be up for one of those sometime.

Yeah man good game. You did have some insane flips. Going to try a new master the next time we throw down. Need to play some WM though with WM weekend coming up but I won't be playing in the journeymen league.

Menoth & Minions

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:10 pm 

I'm still on the fence about the league... I need the practice with my Scyrah, but I want to play malifaux and MERCS, too...

Too few hours in a day...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:28 pm 

:oops:

Sorry I haven't been keeping up guys. After Governor Walker's "changes" took $400 off of our MONTHLY take home pay (we're both in education), my wife has been overworked as hell. They're trying to do a 24 month software install in 10 months, and no one is in a safe position to complain. Bottom line, we're both overworked and tired. Plus, I told Matt I'd playtest Dark Age with him. I'm excited as hell, but as Nate points out, only so many hours to go around. Maybe Nate will cheer up when I tell him I wanna buy his KemVar... ;)

So please accept my apologies for talking big, then backing down. I'll still pack all figs every night. Here's hoping I have the energy to stick around for more than one game some day soon. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:21 am 

Yay?

Alright, seeing at least 3 menoth players in the journeyman league, I'm not joining. Stupid Kreoss is stupid good in the stupid low-point format.

So I'll be lugging MERCS and the 'faux with me weekly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:20 am 

Yeah I'll be bringing both Malifaux and WM with me but like I said I won't be doing the journeymen league so I don't know if I'll be able to find a WM game. I'm playing in the WM event on Saturday with Cryx so I should actually try and play at least one practice game with my other casters before the event.

Menoth & Minions

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:14 am 

I would llove to play the campaign styled game, I am just stupid busy for the next month. My kid has started several activities (cub scouts, soccer, and I am coaching) so I have no spare time until November. If you want to kick it off then though, I am golden. I feel your pain Jason, my wife works at the UW too...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:30 am 

Don't worry about that, Jason; I got fairly screwed over by Walker, as well, so I know the pain. Hooray, cross-campus budget cuts, especially the kind felt by microscopic departments such as mine.

I may have to take you up on a Mercs demo, Nate; the game looks pretty interesting, and while I don't think I can really justify another form of pewter crack, it looks cheap enough that a bit of on-the-side translation work should cover a quick force. Thank goodness for the number of people who want letters that their grandparents and great-grandparents wrote translated . . .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:13 pm 

Well, since Jason seems to be purchasing the KemVar boys (and girl) off me, I won't have them to demo in the future... Still got USCR, CCC, and SEFADU.

Hmmmm, which to paint first?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:33 pm 

Alright. Tonight's a no-go... roofers at work, and the dog is having a mental breakdown from the noise...

Anyone want to have a go this weekend?